Begin your journey to becoming the king of the grill at our Live and interactive beginner griller course with Pat Conway and Jim O’Brien from Smokin Soul. Throughout the day you will delve into all aspects of live fire and BBQ cooking.
You will be working with Open fire, using simple techniques and BBQs to complete the easiest and more complex dishes you always wanted to do.
With all these various techniques and under the guidance of Smokin Souls unique minds you will learn everything you need to know about how to prepare a feast with fire.
Pat and Jim will walk you through every step of the process, from prep to completion of the feast.
What will we cook?
Come hungry because you’ll need plenty of room to sample all the dishes we’ll make, including:
- Charcoal choices, fire lighting and fire management
- Burger and Sausage master class, how to make, cook and serve to get the best possible results.
- Chicken breakdown , learn how to butcher, cook and utilise a chicken in several ways
- Discuss temperatures to cook at and safely serve your food, how to use a probe correctly and serve all food at its best.
- How to cook your steak to perfection, cook T Bones, ribeye and striploin to your liking every time in variety of different ways to achieve different flavours and texture
- Whole pork loin cooked low and slow from your bbq
- Learn how to get the perfect chicken wing from the bbq using different techniques.
Also we will be having tutorials on Sauces and rubs during the course of the day.
What’s included in the price?
- Welcome coffee and breakfast on arrival 9.30 am
- Course begins at 10 am
- Continuous sampling of all meats being cooked
- Lunch at around 12.30 – 1.30pm
- Dinner at around 4.30 pm
- Beer and soft drinks throughout the day & wine with the feast