On the Butchery Masterclass with Martin, The Craft Butcher you will learn all the following:
- Learn the anatomy of animals
- Understand the different cuts of meat
- Learn how Craft Butchers use animal husbandry, provenance and knowledge of their suppliers to work with the best possible product
- We will offer a very unique opportunity to taste and compare various cuts of meat prepared in front of you from carcass to plate
- We will cover cultural traditions, different meat cuts and techniques from all around the world including North and South America, Europe ,Africa and Asia
- We will show you how to make sausages and cook them for taste comparisons
- We explain meat preservation and explain why homemade bacon or ham will always beat the supermarkets
- Everyone loves burgers, we will make 4 different burgers from different cuts of beef with different fat content for comparison
- We will explore the world of ageing of meats and what it really entails including taste tests – the brave ones can take the test blind folded
- We will explore the basics of charcuterie
- We will cover the methods of cold smoking and hot smoking for preservation and flavour
- Our aim will be that by the end of the day you will be able to converse with your craft butcher with confidence and knowledge.
- We have vastness of knowledge we want to share, no question will be unanswered
- Prepare yourselves for feast you won’t be allowed to leave hungry
- During the day the Smokin Soul lads will be cooking up all the products we have looked at throughout the day.
- The aim of this course is for the attendee to garner all the knowledge of the craft butcher
- During the day there will be ample opportunities to interact and gain hands-on practical experience, however this is only for those who wish to do so.
- There will be very little knife play for attendees, but plenty of tutelage as to how to use and choose the correct knife for the job at hand.